Call of Duty’s upcoming battle royale using Modern Warfare engine & guns has released prematurely on the PlayStation Store, had ads appear early on Twitch, a new Gameplay Video leaked, and a countdown timer created for it in Modern Warfare (23 hours to go!). We now know that the heavily rumored game which has been the subject of prior leaks & copyright strikes is releasing tomorrow at 8am PST / 9am MST / 10am CST / 11am EST. The final details of the game are being slowly rolled out as the countdown continues.
- Cross-Platform play with PC, PS4, Xbox
- Brand new 150 player Battle Royale built ground up
- Solo, Duo, Trio spawn system similar to Apex Legends ‘Ping’
- Modern Warfare maps are integrated into the BR experience (similar to Blackout areas from Black Ops 4 repping the series)
- Two Game Modes – Plunder & Battle Royale
- Free to Play Standalone download w/ option to buy MW built-in
“Each zone features distinct landmarks like the Gorengard Lumber Yard or the Gora Dam; the zones take place across different environment types like cities and rural areas for unique engagements. Change up your drop location in each match to get a better lay of the land and take advantage of what Verdansk has to offer.”
- Over 300 POI (Points of Interest)
- Contracts, Buy Stations, Seamless Play with COD MW
- Vehicles? Yup.
- ATV – two seater, provides minimal protection, good at offroading, fast.
- Tactical Rover – four seater, provides minimal protection, solidly fast, solid at off-roading.
- SUV – four seater, provides good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.
- Cargo Truck – holds the squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-roading, slowest.
- Helicopter – four seater, decent coverage, flies.
- Cross-play, cross-progression, and shared unified progression with Modern Warfare
- No “backpack” system
- Fast paced Call of Duty style BR (not based on PUBG etc)
- Two Weapons, 1 Lethal, 1 Tactical
- Press down on D-Pad for a very simple, quick Inventory system
- Pick up ammo just by walking over it, never have to manage ammo in the inventory either (advantage over Fortnite)
- Dead players 1v1 each other in ‘Gulag’ to try and earn their way back into the game, or they can spend in-game cash
- PS+ Not Required, Celebration Pack Confirmed for PlayStation versions
- Xbox Live Gold is Currently Required on Xbox versions
- PC version requires use of Battle.net (built-in to MW)
- Up to 3 Armor Plates per character (each plate is equal)
- Up to 250 Health total
- 100 Health + 2 Armor Plates with spawn
- Automatic health regeneration
- Stim Shot (rare to find)
- The GAS in WarZone is fast and aggressive
- GAS Masks are available (and auto-equip themselves in GAS)
- GAS Masks have a limited “health” for how long they work
- If you don’t own Modern Warfare you will need to 80 – 101GB of free space to install the game.
- Those of us who do own MW will need 18 – 22GB unless you haven’t received the previous patch in which case it’s 80GB.
Shortly after the leaked images appeared throughout PlayStation Plus, Twitch Ads, and the newer gameplay leak occurred, Activision Blizzard saw fit to release their official trailer (seen below) along with the official confirmation of March 10, 2020 release date.
“One new piece of information about Warzone revealed in the video is the addition of gulags. Players who are killed will find themselves in these prisons where they will have to fight one another to respawn back into the game, according to the leak. Other players will apparently be able to watch from above as they wait for their turn and can even throw stones at those fighting below.”
“In celebration of launch day, Playstation Plus users will be able to get the exclusive* and free Call of Duty: Warzone Combat Pack at Playstation Store. More information to come with launch.”
TWITCH ADS LAUNCHED
COD WARZONE GAMEPLAY LEAK
*UPDATE: The footage which was previously available has been taken down by copyright strike via Activision Blizzard and the original leaker has been banned from Twitter for the time being.