[Fan Art by Reset Era user “EVIL”]
The PlayStation 5 is nearly here. In less than 6 months, we will all be playing on the PS5. Now, more than ever, developers around the world have been making announcements about the Sony PS5 and its unique hardware design. The potential for graphics streaming overhauls in engines such as Unreal Engine 5 is causing excitement as a high frame rate, detailed resolution, and increase of lighting / physics for massive open worlds which are well populated. With Sony’s PS5 Announcement Event delayed multiple times, we are not sure exactly when, but likely soon – we will be seeing an event approximately an hour long with multiple game announcements.
Initially June 4, 2020 we were set to see Sony’s event. TV Guide on devices such as Tivo have revealed that the presentation was scheduled for a slot around an hour and forty minutes long. This could include some pre or post show footage plus a countdown timer of course. Sony has announced that gamers should expect an event around an hour to an hour and a half in length.
- Rumor: PlayStation 5 Canada price leaked by Canadian retailer
- PlayStation 5 vs Xbox Series X: not better or worse, just different
The prophecy and promise of custom hardware is coming to fruition before our eyes. It seems that for once we are going to get a collaboration between game engine designers and hardware companies like never before seen. The era of cooperation ushered in by Mark Cerny is being fully embraced by Epic Games greatest minds, and in the result a much higher optimization and efficiency can be made with dedicated console gaming hardware which will streamline the pipeline of assets delivered in games and the way graphics delivery works in general moving forward for all display technologies. Many sectors will increase due to the technology sector’s advancement on this.
Rumored to be SEEN at Sony’s upcoming PS5 Event:
- Watch Dogs 3 (Multiplatform)
- Horizon Zero Dawn 2 (PS4 and PS5 Only)
- God of War Sequel (UNKNOWN PROJECT)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (PS5 Only)
- Battlefield: Bad Company 3 (Multiplatform)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (Multiplatform)
- STARFIELD (MULTIPLATFORM)
- SOCOM (MULTIPLAYER ONLY, PS5 ONLY)
- KILLZONE 5 (MULTIPLAYER-FOCUSED, PS5 ONLY)
- GRAND THEFT AUTO 6 (PS5 TIMED EXCLUSIVE)
- FINAL FANTASY 7R: EP 2 (PS5 TIMED EXCLUSIVE)
- BLACK OPS: COLD WAR (MULTIPLATFORM)
- THE ELDER SCROLLS VI (MULTIPLATFORM)
- SILENT HILL REBOOT (PS5 EXCLUSIVE)
- BLUEPOINT REMAKE (UNKNOWN PROJECT)
- FINAL FANTASY XVI (UNKNOWN PROJECT)
“It’s so impactful that we’re rewritten our core I/O subsystems for Unreal Engine 5 with the PlayStation 5 in mind.” says Penwarden of Epic Games. As Highlighted in a recent video by RGN Today: