Resident Evil 8 has been cancelled on the PS4, after development showed such a vast inferiority to the PS5 version. Despite the Xbox brand pledging that there wouldn’t be exclusives right away for the Series X, Sony has taken an opposite approach with Horizon Zero Dawn’s sequel / standalone expansion pack Forbidden West being exclusive to the PlayStation 5. Capcom is the first third party company to announce a next-gen only release being their upcoming game Resident Evil VIII AKA RE8 or Resident Evil Village, which was surprise revealed to save Sony’s PS5 presentation the same way that Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 Remake surprise reveal saved the PS4’s final E3 event! Resident Evil VIII will feature werewolves, a first person aspect inspired by the success of Resident Evil VII (RE7) and the roots of the series in Survival Horror fashion.
Other topics in today’s episode of Real Gamer Podcast include recent news events, the doom and gloom comments of an ex-Sony CEO Shawn Layden, our personal predictions of upcoming Summer Game Fest 2020 events, and the general vibe of the industry right now as we move forward.
- Microsoft Store closing down all physical retail locations
- Resident Evil VIII and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 are Next-Gen only
- 25 Minutes of additional Cyberpunk 2077 footage has been leaked
- PlayStation Plus 10 Years Anniversary – NBA 2K20, Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, and Erica (interactive film).
- Crash Bandicoot 4 co-op / story game will have microtransactions
- SONIC FORCES IS SOMEHOW THE SECOND MOST DOWNLOADED PS PLUS GAME EVER
- Ubisoft Montreal’s Next Game Is ‘Hyper Scape’, A Battle Royale With Twitch Integration
- Former Sony CEO, Shawn Layden has been making lots of comments after he threw a failure of an E3 for Sony and was seemingly fired for lack of results. First he was caught saying that games are too expensive and they won’t continue to be made at this quality level, now he’s suggesting that games should be much shorter. Jack Tretton on the other hand has a firm belief in what Sony is doing with PS5 and has also distanced himself from the “Making Players into Payers” scandal from an AI-focused microtransaction company on Mobile which he says he had no part of.
- Xbox July 20/20 Predictions
- Road to PS5 July Predictions
- Canada Price Predictions for PS5, PS5 Digital, Xbox Series X, and Xbox “Lockhart”
About the Producer:
Jon Ireson is a happily married American video games journalist currently living in Canada, a registered member of the international press, and technology sales / repair expert with management experience. He is responsible for over 3,000 living online documents including video games and technology articles, videos, and reports. He is the Editor-In-Chief and Founder of RealGamerNewZ which has been operating as an international publication since 2011 and has been viewed over 350K times worldwide (Over 200K in USA and Over 24K in Canada) during the month of May 2020 alone.