Infinity Ward has announced that they will be making some changes to the eSports rules for their newest title, CoD: Ghosts. These changes will be implemented into the game via several “hotfixes” and title updates over the next couple of weeks. Infinity Ward plans on improving spawn locations, modify rule sets, disable third-person spectating in private matches, restrict ghillie suits, and more.
Excerpt from the Official Press Release:
General eSports Changes
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs)
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by RGN Community on 20140110 and was last modified on 20140111 .
The winning team has been named in a video game tournament to which the main event took place for in Seattle, Washington this weekend seeing a team called Alliance defeating all opposition in a grueling 5 day struggle for The International 2013 Dota 2 Championship. This win netted them a ton of cash with Valve estimating the total winnings around $1.4 Million according to today’s official press release, and of course bragging rights as the current Dota 2 champions. Runners up Na’Vi netted over half a milly with third place crew TongFu bagging almost 300 grand. You can play Dota 2 now by clicking HERE.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20130812 and was last modified on 20130812 .
Fariko Impact has officially been named the winners of the Call of Duty 2013 Championship which has landed them smack dab in the middle of a $400,000 prize pot. In addition to the financial prizes the team has had bestowed upon them, Fariko Impact have also earned their rank as the best Call of Duty players the world has seen thus far having already won the Major League Gaming 2013 Winter Championships in addition to the Call of Duty 2013 Championship. When it comes to eSports, America is beginning to take this lifestyle and gameplay battleground to the next level like their overseas counterparts do in the Real Time Strategy genre.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20130408 and was last modified on 20130408 .