Gamestop Bankruptcy Imminent As Used Games Legality Questioned
The United States District Judge Robert Kugler has denied a motion for dismissal has been denied in a growing class action lawsuit that Gamestop is facing in a New Jersey court for violating the Consumer Fraud Act through false advertising and the omission of certain facts. In court, the plaintiffs of this case have displayed that buying used games and then the DLC (online pass most likely) which was not included would actually cost more than just buying the game brand new for $60.
The fact that this type of transaction is advertised as being a discount is where the fraud part comes in to play. If Gamestop fails to defend themselves in this lawsuit it may end up setting a precedence for more class action lawsuits from similar customers who have been swindled by the company’s greed-driven misleading of faithful customers to the last surviving brick and mortar game franchise. This is an ongoing case, so all of this is “alleged”. Good luck Gamestop, this is the beginning of the end.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Mitch Walters on 20130810 and was last modified on 20130810 .
The crew got together to talk about a lot of topics. We go through talks of the next Call of Duty coming from the developers who created the mammoth title. There’s also Star Wars talk with late-breaking news about the Star Wars 1313 title concerning its indefinite hold. We will talk a lot about the major game publishing companies and their relationship to their developers as we debate whether or not certain situations in the industry are improving.
- MASS EFFECT: Tristan And Matt Speak On Fan Response
- Games Being Censored By Big Money
- BioWare’s Founders Gone – What Does It Mean for Their Games?
- Games Being Compared To Each Other And Dismissed.
- Examples: DLC, Repetitive Gameplay, Over-exploiting of IP’s
- Devs and Publishers – Treating The Fans Like They Are Stupid
- Greed Killing Gaming
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Friday
- GT6 Getting Out Of The Way Drive Club?
- Star Wars 1313 May Be On Indefinite Hold
- Millions Of Fans Want Battlefront 3
- Respawn Entertainment’s Next Title Xbox 720 Exclusive Or Just Its DLC? Can It Replace Their Last Creation? (Call of Duty)
- EA Exclusive Content Announcement Coming With Xbox 720 Announcement April
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20130302 and was last modified on 20130302 .