Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe is a sports action game developed by Agharta Studio as an air-hockey game but with a twist. The game is a remake of the 1989 classic Shufflepuck Cafe as well as a Steam Greenlight Title. Players take on the role of an astronaut who has crashed landed on an alien planet and needs to earn money to buy parts for the damaged ship in order to get a ride home. From the jump players are prompted by the local aliens to play matches of “Shufflepuck” against them as well as the other drifters to earn money and buy the purchasable ship parts offered in the game.
When you finally get on the Shufflepuck table the controls are pretty basic. To control your stick you use your mouse / trackpad to play and the right mouse click to enable power ups on the table. You win money for every match, bet banked money for even more of a payout, and even earn money for skill shots. All of this hustling and shuffling just to get that ship repaired, but it’s a fun experience.
The gameplay is exactly what players expect if they’ve ever had an air hockey table, but man is it addicting. The graphics are pretty awesome for such a simple title too. The character animation is astounding and the many floors of the Cantina are cool to look at to say the least. Agharta Studio manages to give off a Star Wars / Star Trek feel and vibe as players move up each level and are met with equally stunning visuals.
The sound design is hit and miss though, as the characters sounds range from cute to menacing but the music proves to be somewhat annoying and not memorable. The lack of multiplayer is a setback for this title as the gameplay is so much fun that this would have extended a great amount of replay value. Shufflepuck Catina Deluxe is a great game for its price and will give you a break from other games if you are looking for something new or simple yet familiar to play.
All together Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe lives up to the legacy of its predecessor in every way. It’s an easy to play game within a mostly well rounded gameworld and will have you playing for hours on end. This title would be more welcoming and worth the asking price if the developer added in multiplayer in the future as well as custom soundtracks, but Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe is a blast from the past and a good break from the future that should not be missed.
Overall Score: 8 / 10
RGN Rating : Silver Game
Developer / Publisher: Agharta Studio
Available On: PC | Mac OS X | Linux
Played On: Windows PC
Review Copy Info: A digital copy of this game was provided to RealGamerNewz by the publisher for the purpose of this Review.
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by DJ Killzown Jones on 20140109 and was last modified on 20140109 .
***Thank you everyone for helping us bring 2014 in with a gamer bang!
***UPDATE: 89 WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW:
– Meduka Meguca
– Tracey Lane
– Daryl Dixon
– Billy Bob
– Ted Western
– fathanmalik (Display Name)
– psych17 (Display Name)
– Ahmad Irfan
– afi_greenz (Display Name)
– Taufik Aji
– Rian Nugraha
– itaychabra (Display Name)
– Guy Manuel
STAY TUNED FOR OUR POST-HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY 🙂
Below is the unedited original contest posting:
New Year’s Eve 2013-2014 Steam Giveaway
Win One Of The Following Games (See Rules Below)
Mutant Mudds Deluxe*
Tales of Maj’Eyal*
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe*
Small World 2*
Craft the World*
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages*
Race the Sun*
*The Giveaways with a star next to them are sponsored by the developers that made them.
All Other Codes Provided By RealGamerNewz Staff, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
EXTENDED TO MORE GAMES:
!!!BONUS #1: MORE STEAM GAMES!!!
Talisman: Digital Edition*
Hero of the Kingdom*
Legend of Dungeon*
Long Live The Queen*
The Stanley Parable*
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
!!!BONUS #2: Desura Section!!!
Editor’s Note: For those who don’t know, Desura is like the indie version of Steam. While Steam has embraced indies in a major way, Desura is very much an even more underground alternative. You can download their client for free HERE and it is also worth noting that the same company behind Desura is also in charge of IndieDB and ModDB (respected publications and gateways for developers and underground game enthusiasts).
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle Desura Key
NEW YEAR CONTEST RULES
- HOW TO ENTER: Comment Below (your e-mail will be seen by RealGamerNewz Staff Only) and use a real email attached to your comment. We will not give out these email accounts to anybody. The winners will be sent their games (in the format of Steam Codes) and be identified as winners by their usernames on the comments they left when we announce winners, ***tell us your alias or Twitter name too if you want followers to follow you and to increase your chances of winning.***
- WRITE: TWO Games you’d want, if you could only pick two of these! We will choose the winners at random. You will win one game. There will be over 50 winners receiving any of the games above. We’ll try to get you one of the two games you requested – but will at least try to give you something if those two are no longer available. We have enough codes to give well over 50 winners games for free so tell your friends about this with a Re-Tweet / Share / etc. 🙂
- RULES: YOU Must reply to the confirmation email we send notifying you that you’re a Winner. If you don’t reply in time you forfeit your prize to the next in line – so use an email account that you check or you will not be sent a code!
THANK You all for entering, and good luck to all!
Happy New Year!
Codes Will Be Given Dec 31 – Jan 1
Winners Will Be Announced Jan 2
See the games in action below:
Editor’s Note: RealGamerNewZ has moved web servers, some older posts can no longer be commented on and have been preserved without their images. Thank you for your understanding in this matter. This article was written by Jon Ireson on 20131231 and was last modified on 20140116 .